top of page

PRP Facelift & PRP Facial 

"Ask about our treatments or come in for a free consultation."

How does it work?

Collagen and keratin are responsible for skin strength and elasticity, and its degradation leads to aging. PRP skin rejuvenation involves injection of a portion of your blood that contains concentrated growth factors to the area of concern. These growth factors stimulate proliferation of fibroblasts and keratinocytes which produce collagen and keratin respectively.  

What is the procedure like? 

A small amount of blood is taken from the patient to produce platelet rich plasma for treating the face, chest, hand, or scalp. PRP is injected via syringe and/or applied to the skin by microneedling. 

Is the procedure painful? 

Numbing cream can be applied to the area making the treatment very comfortable. Most patients do not feel much sensation. 

What can I get treated? 

Countless areas can be treated however we have found the following areas work best. Any area on the face, crepe skin on the neck, back of the hands, décolletage and scalp. 

Who do you recommend as a good patient? 

All age groups will benefit, however the number of treatments will depend on the level of damage. PRP is not suited for people with chronic disease, cancer and poor platelet count. Smoking, poor eating habits will have to be assessed individually. We do encourage healthy, balanced lifestyles as the cell to cell communication will have sufficient levels. 

What is the downtime from the treatment? 

Every patient is different however generally speaking the experience is as follows. When you leave the office you will be a little puffy and bruising could start to occur. We always recommend trying to plan your treatment around your schedule to be light in nature. 48 hours after treatment bruising will be more pronounced, however Arnica pellets and Arnica cream are helpful. 

When will I see results? 

Results are different for all patients, however in a few weeks you will start to see the skin relax and look different. You will look rested and more vibrant. This is not to be confused with filler which will be instant. Patience is necessary to allow all molecular structures to bond and then you can reevaluate your skin to see when your next treatment should be. We often combine filler injection as well as Botox injection with PRP treatment. 

How many treatments do I need? 

The basic recommendation would be three treatments four to six weeks apart. However this will depend heavily on how much damage has been done to the skin and at what level. We would highly recommend you come in for a complimentary consultation. 

How long is the treatment? 

The entire visit lasts about 45 minutes.  

Is this a risky procedure? 

PRP treatment is extremely safe. There is no risk of allergic reaction, because PRP is produced from your own blood. In addition, PRP contains concentrated amount of white blood cells, your natural defenders against infections. As a result, infection is extremely rare with our PRP treatment.


PRP hair treatment


Hair restoration treatment becomes necessary simply because it makes you stay beautiful and look younger even though age is taking a toll on you. Once you age, you might become bald mainly because the thick growing hair will begins to fall when the cell degeneration begins. Aside from this, people can as well experience a hair loss due to some genetic and physiological reasons. The best known cause of hair loss in both women and men is genetics. As a matter of fact, heredity makes up of 95% of all the cases of baldness (alopecia) in this country. The remaining 5% of the cases may be as a result of many things, such as medications, illness, stress, and diet. What is to be observed despite noticing all of this and regardless of the gender, status and gender, the humankind has aversion towards alopecia(baldness).

Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP, is showing remarkable contribution in reversing premature hair loss.


Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) for Hair restoration


The Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) commonly used in hair regrowth is “autologous,” which implies that it is produced from the patient’s own blood. To get PRP, a patient’s blood is spun in a centrifuge to segregate the liquid from solid components and platelet activators. The segregated part of the blood is PRP .

Most of the patients show immediate reduction in hair loss. PRP, including the reducing of hair loss or even the slowing down, promotes the growth of follicles, thereby reversing the hair miniaturization present in common baldness (androgenetic alopecia)


In conclusion, PRP therapy provides the chance for new hair growth for those patients that are not candidates for surgical procedure as well as those patients seeking a more aggressive non-surgical option to treatment.

*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.

Call us at Great Neck medical spa to schedule a free consultation

bottom of page